Here is a semi-homemade recipe that I put together, with the help of my friends and family (particularly my nephew Austin), using Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets: Bacon, Cheese, & Mushroom Chick-Fil-A Nuggets. Semi-homemade means that you skipped some steps by buying something already made and then adding to that already-made item. Saves so much time without skimping on the taste!
Being a blogger and a mom, I am what is termed a ‘Mom Blogger’. We ‘Mom Bloggers’ are approached with opportunities to express our opinions regarding different brands. It’s so much fun! And, hey, we mommas totally know what we’re talking about! So when I was chosen along with a little over 200 other ‘Mom Bloggers’ across the country to be a part of the 2014-2015 Chick-Fil-A Mom Panel #ChickFilAMoms, I was totally ecstatic! Ask Terri. I really was beside myself.
We get to give our opinions on topics that Chick-Fil-A wants to know about regarding what our kids like and what we like as well. We were recently given a challenge to “Dress Up Your Nuggets” and share our recipes with our readers. At first I really wanted to go with the holiday theme by involving something cranberry related. I got some Orange-Cranberry Chutney and chopped walnuts, sliced a Chick-Fil-A chicken nugget in half, spread the chutney and sprinkled the walnuts, added the other chicken nugget half on top, and stuck a toothpick through it. It was really very good! But after getting others’ opinions, the overall consensus was that these Bacon, Cheese, & Mushroom Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets would appeal to a larger audience.
Bacon, Cheese, & Mushroom Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets
I will take you on a little step-by-step photo journey of how to make them. The printable recipe will be at the end of this post.
You will need Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets, Chick-Fil-A Honey Mustard Sauce, shredded cheddar jack cheese, real bacon bits, sliced mushrooms, cooking spray, & butter.
In the meantime, add a tablespoon of butter to a frying pan over medium heat. After the butter melts, add the sliced mushrooms and about 1/4 cup of water and let the mushrooms cook until they are soft. Should take about 10 minutes or so. Then drain the mushrooms.
Melted cheese will be all over your cookie sheet, but because you used cooking spray, it is very easy to lift off. Use a small cookie spatula to lift the nuggets off of the cookie sheet and onto your serving platter.
If I had more time, here are some changes I would make: Use sliced cheese instead of shredded cheese. Instead of using bacon bits, cook the bacon yourself until right before it starts to become crispy and break it up into squares. These changes would have kept most of the cheese and bacon on the nuggets while cooking. But if you’re short on time, like I usually am, shredded cheese and bacon bits are absolutely fine to use.
Thank you Chick-Fil-A for inspiring me to think out-of-the-box and come up with this recipe. Oh, and thank you to my nephew Austin, who is the most creative 15 year old I know.
Here is the Bacon, Cheese, & Mushroom Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Recipe for your printing pleasure:
- - Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets - quantity depends on how many people you are feeding
- - Chick-Fil-A Honey Mustard Sauce
- - 8 oz bag shredded cheddar jack cheese - if you have more time, used sliced cheese broken into smaller squares.
- - Real bacon bits - if you have more time, cook your own bacon before it gets crispy and break into smaller squares.
- - 1 to 2 8oz packages sliced mushrooms
- - Spring onions, sliced (optional)
- - Cooking spray
- - 1 tablesppon butter
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread out the chicken nuggets onto the cookie sheet.
- In the meantime, add a tablespoon of butter to a frying pan over medium heat.
- After the butter melts, add the sliced mushrooms and about 1/4 cup of water and let the mushrooms cook until they are soft. Should take about 10 minutes or so.
- Then drain the mushrooms.
- Place one sliced mushroom onto each chicken nugget.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over all of the chicken nuggets.
- Sprinkle the real bacon bits evenly over top of the cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a small cookie spatula to lift the nuggets off of the cookie sheet and onto your serving platter.
- Pour your honey mustard sauce into a dipping bowl.
- Stick a toothpick through each chicken nugget.
- Serve while still hot.
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- Miller & Smith at Tallyn Ridge: New Homes in Frederick, Maryland - January 18, 2018
- Summers Farm: 6 Healthy Reasons to Visit - September 22, 2017
- Massey’s Landing: 10 Reasons to Stay at This Luxury Campground - September 4, 2017