Happy Movember? Yep – November is also known as Movember. When doing some research on what November commemorates (i.e. American Diabetes Awareness Month, National Family Caregivers Month), I found out about Movember. It is taken from the combination of the words Moustache and November. Movember is an annual event, which takes place in November, where men grow moustaches all month to raise awareness of prostate cancer, as well as other male cancers.
A quote from Wikipedia: “By encouraging men (“Mo Bros“) to get involved, Movember aims to increase early cancer detection, diagnosis and effective treatments, and ultimately reduce the number of preventable deaths. Besides getting an annual check-up, the Movember Foundation encourages men to be aware of any family history of cancer, and to adopt a more healthy lifestyle.”[
There’s even a website: www.movember.com.
- Once registered at movember.com each mo bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
- For the entire month of November each mo bro must grow and groom a moustache.
- There is to be no joining of the mo to [one’s] sideburns. (That’s considered a beard.)
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars to [one’s] chin. (That’s considered a goatee.)
- Each mo bro must conduct himself like a true country gentleman.
6–9 PM, November 8
Looney’s Pub (2900 O’Donnell St., Baltimore, MD)
Looney’s will donate 15% of all purchases to Movember — just present a flyer (or show them an article like this) when you close out to make sure your money goes to the cause.City That Breeds Movember Kick-Off Happy Hour
4–9 PM, November 9; $10
The cheeky blog is again forming a “Boh Knows Movember” team to raise funds (last year they raised over $3,000) and everyone’s invited to the kick-off party. Your entrance fee includes an open bar featuring Yuengling, rail drinks, wine and special “Moustache Ride” themed cocktails. Also look for prizes and giveaways.Guzzle and Gobble
Noon–10 PM, November 17; $40
Get your tickets before November 10 for this turkey buffet with an all-you-can-drink bar and you’re guaranteed a commemorative t-shirt along with the sips and the grub (which includes deep-fried turkeys). Have fun with touch football, beer pong and raffles and giveaways. Touch football starts at noon at Rash Field, followed by a bar crawl through Blue Agave, Stalking Horse and ending up at Nobles Bar and Grillfor dinner, which begins at 7 PM.Bud Light Ravens Ticket Giveaway and Movember Party
9–11 PM, November 18
Ropewalk (1209 S. Charles St.)
Patapsco Mo Bros Closeout Bash
3–8 PM, November 30
Jimmy’s Famous Seafood (6526 Holabird Ave., Baltimore, MD)
Happy hour food and drink specials will be on offer, and look for a 50/50 raffle, guest bartenders and various moustache-themed prizes and giveaways. A portion of all sales from the even will be donated to the cause.
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- Miller & Smith at Tallyn Ridge: New Homes in Frederick, Maryland - January 18, 2018
- Summers Farm: 6 Healthy Reasons to Visit - September 22, 2017
- Massey’s Landing: 10 Reasons to Stay at This Luxury Campground - September 4, 2017