I have a confession to make…..I don’t really cook. My identical twin, Pam – the other half of Housewives of Frederick County – now, she is the domestic one! But, me – well, let’s just say that my husband, Kenny, has evolved into Frederick County’s version of Guy Fieri! This has really come about from necessity. I just absolutely dislike taking the time out to cook. I will, of course, if I have to, but Kenny has really emerged, over the years, as a lover of cooking!
Because of this fact, I have not really posted many recipes here on Housewives of Frederick County. I kind of figured that Pam would do any recipes that we post. But, with the urging of my friends and family, including Pam, I think I’m going to start sharing the AMAZING recipes that Kenny makes! Prepare to drool, people :).
This recipe, Sausage Wontons, has a special place in my family’s hearts. One of Kenny’s male influences in his life, growing up, has been his brother-in-law Pete (Kenny is the 2nd to youngest of his 5 siblings). We call Pete “The Rock” of Kenny’s family. He has been an awesome role model in that he does everything to take care of his family – including cooking incredible food!
Sausage Wontons happen to be one of Kenny’s family’s tried-and-true appetizers served at family gatherings, made by good ole Pete. So, Kenny and I got the recipe and now he is making it for us at home! He made it last night and I posted a picture of it on my personal Facebook page. Several of my friends asked for the recipe, so I thought I’d share it on our blog. So, here goes:
- 25 count Wonton Wrappers
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and well-drained
- 1 and 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each cup of a muffin tin.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place wonton "cups" on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat until there are about 25 cups.
- Mix sausage, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and dressing until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into wontons.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Add Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce, to taste.
- Makes 25.
These are great appetizers for a party and you could modify them by using the smaller wonton wrappers to make them more bite-sized! Hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!