We’re comin’ down the home stretch people! Christmas is 4 days away!
I am SO happy to say that I am more ready for Christmas this year than I think I’ve ever been!
One of the last things I generally do is buy stocking stuffers. As a kid, I remember getting my stocking was one of my FAVORITE things about Christmas morning! It was always chock full of surprises, and even if it was just a simple lip balm it was so special, because it came from my stocking!
My boys have told me that they, too, always look so forward to going through their stockings.
This year, my boys are both teenagers! I’m actually having a bit of a harder time coming up with fun things to put in their stockings that aren’t too “juvenile” for them.
SO, in true Housewives of Frederick County style, we have done our research for you! We’ve come up with 55 last-minute stocking stuffer ideas!
Some of these ideas came from perusing online, but some also came from our FANTASTIC readers!
I’ve listed them in categories according to age, with some of the ideas being generic and some being specific.
For Young Kids
- Candy, candy, candy! And, of course, Christmas-themed candy is popular (think Reese’s Christmas Trees)!
- Matchbox cars
- Fun, character Pez Dispensers with candy
- Your gift recipient’s favorite gum
- Fun toothbrushes and mini toothpastes
- Playing cards
- Personalized Christmas tree ornament
- Christmas tree ornament of your gift recipient’s favorite character (i.e., Mickey Mouse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Socks – especially socks that they wouldn’t normally get throughout the year, with crazy patterns and colors
- Hair accessories
- Anything Crayola
- Any toy your child would like that’s small enough to fit in a stocking
- Bubble bath
- Bath toys
For Older Kids (anything from the list above too!)
- Flavored lip balm or gloss
- Amazon gift cards (they can buy exactly what they want from the comfort of home!)
- iTunes gift cards (iTunes is a music-lover’s dream)
- Lotion (Bath and Bodyworks always has a ton of fun scents!)
- Gift card(s) to your gift recipient’s favorite store(s)
- Nail polish
- Mini Hand Sanitizers (again, Bath and Bodyworks always has fun, great scents!)
- Purse-sized packs of tissues with fun designs on them
- Mini Whitman Sampler boxes
- Scratch-off Lottery ticket(s)
- Batteries (for all of the electronics that kids use!)
- Portable Cell Phone Charger (if you’re a parent of an older kid, I don’t even have to explain this one!)
- Mechanical pencils (one of my sons LOVES these)
- Pocket knife (depending on the age and maturity of the kid)
- Travel-sized items or samples of grooming items
- Mini Mag Light Keychain
- Fun lanyard if your child uses one for the house-key
- Gift Certificate for an event or service (think manicure for the girls; paintball for the boys)
- Hygiene items, like deodorant, perfume/cologne, shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, hair products, etc.
- Accessories for cell phone, like a new phone case, fresh earbuds, selfie-stick, etc.
- A cool beanie
- Wallet (with money inside!)
For the “Grown-Ups” (anything from the lists above too!)
- Small fruitcake
- Bottle opener (there are some fun ones out there, even ones that have sounds!)
- Wine opener
- Mini bottles of liquor
- Gag gifts or “Adult” toys (send the kids out of the room if you’re including these!)
- Kitchen gadgets (small enough to fit in a stocking of course)
- Truffles from a fave candy shop
- Scented candle
- A koozy or a cup cozy
- Hand mirror
- Golf balls
- Nice pen
- Organic soap
Frankly, the lists go on and on, depending on who your buying for! Think about putting things in a stocking that your loved one wouldn’t normally buy or get throughout the year – things that are decadent and special!
What are YOUR go-to stocking stuffers?
Ultimately, the gift of quality time with each other is the BEST present or stocking stuffer anybody could ever ask for!
Merry Christmas everybody! Savor the Season!