Fruit Tart Recipe with Oranges: Fresh & Easy Dessert
A super easy, but heavenly delicious fruit tart with clementines as the topping, a custard filling, and a vanilla wafer crust.
- - 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs, about 10 cookies crushed
- - 3 tablespoons melted butter
- - 3 tablespoons sugar
- - 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, 2 to 3 oranges freshly squeezed
- - 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 5 egg yolks, beaten
- - 1/2 cup heavy cream
- - 3 to 4 oranges, tangerines and/or clementines
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar; Press into 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together juice, peel and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in egg yolks and cream. Pour into prepared pie crust and bake about 30 minutes, until set.
Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours.
Cut the citrus fruit into circles and arrange on top of tart.
For pretty circles that preserve more of the orange, remove the peel and white pith, then cut into horizontal slices.