- 12 1/2 lb pork butt, well trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 128 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 oz medium carrotscut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlicsmashed
- 1 red onioncut into 3/4 inch wedges
- 1/2 cup dried apricotsquartered
- 115 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup couscous
- Chopped fresh cilantro
In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, whisk together the broth, flour, ginger, cumin, coriander, and 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper.
Add the pork, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, onion and apricots and toss to combine. Cook, covered, until the pork is tender and easily pulls apart, 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low.
10 minutes before serving, add the chickpeas to the pork and prepare the couscous according to package directions. Serve the pork, vegetables and any pan juices over the couscous and sprinkle with cilantro.