Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken & Rice: 10 WW Points
This recipe is a great alternative to traditional buffalo wings with way less calories and fat and only 10 WW points per serving.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time3 hrs 30 mins
Total Time3 hrs 45 mins
- 3 green onions I used white onion
- 1 1/4 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup very thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup 1/4 inch slices celery
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh Anaheim chile pepper
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix (1 ounce)
- 3 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 oz)
- chopped celery (optional)
Slice green onions in thin slices, separating the white and green parts.
Combine white spring onion slices with the cut up chicken breast, sliced carrots, sliced celery, chicken broth, tomato sauce, chile pepper, ranch dressing mix, & hot pepper sauce into the slow cooker.
Mix well and cook on low in covered slow cooker for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
After cooking time, mix in the green parts of the spring onions along with the cream cheese. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Serve chicken mixture over brown rice.
Add crumbled blue cheese and celery on top. Keep hot sauce handy to add to taste.
Serving Size = 1 cup
356 calories, 12 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 92 mg chol, 777 mg sodium, 34 g carb, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugars, 27 g protein