Quinoa Salad Recipe – 3 WW SmartPoints
This Quinoa Salad recipe is way better for you than a rice or pasta salad and has a buttery, lemony, slightly sweet side taste.
- - 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- - 2 medium zucchini, diced
- - 4 scallions, diced (I used more because I love scallions)
- - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- - 1 cup corn, canned or frozen (defrosted if frozen/drained if canned)
- - 2 T lemon juice
- - 2 T butter
- - 1 T honey
- - salt & pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once quinoa has been cooked, place in a large bowl and set aside.
Place a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, melt butter in it, and then add in zucchini and garlic. Cook until zucchini is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Then add in corn and honey and cook until heated through.
Add the corn and zucchini to the quinoa, along with the scallions and lemon juice and toss to combine.
Season with salt & pepper.
Chill in the refrigerator and serve cold.
3 WW SmartPoints
Serving Size: About 3/4 cup