Homemade Gluten Free Granola Bars
Homemade gluten free granola bars are delicious & healthy! Made with popcorn, oats, almonds, coconut, & chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup Almonds, chopped (I used slivered)
- 8 cups Plain popped popcorn, I used Healthy Pop microwave popcorn
- 2 cups Rolled oats, do not use instant
- 1 cup Chocolate chips, I used Nestle Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 3/4 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice, about 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Wipe off baking sheet and spread almonds on it. Bake until golden brown and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once or twice. Transfer to bowl with coconut to cool.
Mist a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine popped popcorn, oats, coconut, almonds, & chocolate chips; stir well.
In a small pan over low heat, combine honey, brown sugar & salt. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, approximately 5 minutes. Pour honey mixture over popcorn mixture; stir until all ingredients are well coated. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Using lightly moistened palms, firmly press mixture into baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
5 WW SmartPoints
Fat 3 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fiber 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26 mg