Asparagus Soup with Orzo – 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus Value
A wonderfully hearty soup for asparagus lovers. Veggies and orzo pasta fill this soup with delicious goodness!
- - 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- - 2/3 cups uncooked orzo
- - 1 large uncooked carrot, diced
- - 1 1/2 cups uncooked asparagus, sliced diagonally in bite-size pieces
- - 1 cup frozen green peas
- - 4 medium uncooked scallions, sliced
- - 1/3 cup dill, fresh, chopped (optional)
- - 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, optional
- - 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
Add orzo and carrots; boil 7 minutes.
Add asparagus and frozen peas; boil until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in scallions, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Yields 1 cup per serving.