Healthy Crab Cake Recipe with Remoulade Sauce
An incredibly delicious & healthy crab cake recipe with homemade remoulade sauce! And only 5.5 net carbs and 14 grams of protein per crab cake. Low carb and high protein!
- 1 lb Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2 tbsp Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Canola Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Egg, large, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Panko, divided
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Canola Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Shallots, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 tsp Capers, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ground Red Pepper, optional
To prepare crab cakes, drain crabmeat on several layers of paper towels. Combine crabmeat, bell pepper, and the next 4 ingredients (through egg), tossing gently. Stir in 1/4 cup panko. Place remaining 3/4 cup panko in a shallow dish.
Divide crab mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape 4 portions into 3/4 inch-thick patties; dredge in panko. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add dredged patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with the remaining crab mixture, panko, and oil.
To prepare remoulade, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise and remaining ingredients; serve with crab cakes.
Serving Size: 2 Crab Cakes
- Calories 320
- Fat 17g
- Satfat 1.2g
- Monofat 8.7g
- Polyfat 5g
- Protein 26.8g
- Carbohydrate 11.7g (5.5 net carbs per crab cake)
- Fiber 0.9g
- Cholesterol 166mg
- Iron 1.5mg
- Sodium 555mg
- Calcium 133mg