Ayse Meze Fried Brussels Sprouts
Ayse Meze's famous fried brussels sprouts recipe can now be made at home! They're just as delicious as you remember!
- 6 cloves Fresh garlic, I used 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed & quartered, I used 15 to 20 medium sized brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tsp Capers
- 1/2 ounce Walnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1/2 ounce Currants
- 1/2 ounce Scallions, sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
To make the vinaigrette, blend garlic, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, hone, olive oil & jalapeno in a blender. Season with salt & pepper, place in a squirt bottle, and set aside.
Deep fry brussels sprouts for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove when edges begin to brown and curl. Toss in a bowl and season with salt & pepper.
Fry parsley and capers for 1 minute. Then add to brussels sprouts.
Toss in the scallions, walnuts, currants and dressing.