Cowboy Caviar Recipe
The perfect combination of black beans, shoepeg corn, black-eyed peas, spring onions, cilantro, and avocado! Heaven on a chip!
- - 1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- - 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- - 1 can shoepeg corn, drained and rinsed
- - 4 to 5 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- - 2 to 3 diced avocados, ripe but still firm
- - 4 green onions, sliced thin
- - Approximately 1/2 to 3/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- - 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped finely
- - 1 to 2 limes
- - Ground pepper and salt to taste
Drain and rinse the black eyed peas, black beans, and corn. This is very important because if you don't, the dip will look brown and be too liquidy.
Add to a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes & cilantro.
After dicing the avocado and adding to the bowl, squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado. This will keep the avocado from turning brown too quickly.
Add the italian dressing and salt & pepper and stir to coat all of the ingredients.
Chill in the refrigerator.
This is best served the same day as prepared.
Serve with tortilla chips.