This last minute DIY costume was so much fun to put together for my son!
All it took was some thinking out of the box and some creativity to transform him from my son into the Clash of Clans Wizard.
Last Minute DIY Costume: Just in Time For Halloween
Each year, he wants to dress up in a costume that I either can’t find anywhere OR the costume is crazy expensive.
Particularly, this year he wanted to be the Wizard from Clash of Clans.
This is what the Wizard looks like.
I couldn’t find the costume anywhere online except for on Ebay and it was $104.
It all came down to the last minute, as always, where I was scrambling to put something together for him.
Making our last minute DIY costume come to life
I frantically searched on Pinterest and came up with a few ideas.
So, I decided it looked easy enough for me to make Wizard come to life with a little imagination.
And really, that’s all we need is some imagination.
To be honest, putting together a DIY costume is so much more fun because you’re not just taking the costume out of the box and placing it on your child.
You’re actually putting some thought into it to make it extra special.
Our Last Minute DIY Costume Was A Success!
Here’s my son at his school’s Halloween party.
Pretty darn good right?
He was so excited to be the Wizard!
Not only was he the ONLY Wizard among his friends, but also in his entire school.
Yup, I am that cool mom!
Here’s what you need to make this last minute DIY costume – Clash of Clans Wizard:
- Blue hooded jacket or robe
- I found an Everlast jacket at my local Kmart
- You can also look for a blue boxing robe like this one on Amazon.
- Brown shirt
- We already had one in his dresser with an image on it, so we turned it inside out.
- Here’s a Fruit of the Loom brown shirt on Amazon for only $6.29.
- Dark blue pants
- Already had them.
- If you don’t have them, here’s a pair of blue sweatpants on Amazon.
- Wide brown belt with big gold square buckle
- We didn’t have a belt like this, so I made one with construction paper. It wasn’t the best and it ripped by the time Halloween was done, but it worked. I used shipping tape to hold it together as good as possible.
- Here’s a pirate belt on Amazon for only $4.01. Wish I had known about this. I totally would’ve gotten it.
- Fire ball
- Yeah, we didn’t have any fire balls laying around the house, so my husband, being the MacGyver that he is, found one of those lighted spinning party disco wands lying around the house.
- You can get one on Amazon, Party Disco Wand, or pretty much any dollar store.
- I came up with the idea to tape artificial maple leaves from Amazon over top of the globe of the party disco wand to make it look like fire. You can get these leaves at any craft store.
- Face Paint Marker/Stick
- I used this to draw his eyebrows and mustache/goatee.
- Here’s a fun face paint kit on Amazon that you can use through the years for Halloween.
The Final Look
And there ya have it!
Technically, the Wizard should have dark brown boots on, but my son didn’t have any so I just had him wear his comfortable sneakers.
In the big scheme of things, it really didn’t matter.
Practicality comes first and foremost when you’re putting together a last minute DIY costume.
Not only was my son wearing it in his classroom Halloween party, but also he was wearing it for Halloween night.
It was perfect because the costume was warm enough for the brisk temperatures and his sneakers helped him run faster for trick-or-treating!
It was a great Halloween!
Here’s to another fun Halloween!
And here’s hoping my son wants to be something that I can easily find or make.
For more fun Halloween ideas, click over to these posts:
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- 8 Best Italian Restaurants in Frederick Md: Really Authentic - October 11, 2019
- 17 Best Breweries in Frederick Md: Cure What Ales You - September 19, 2019
- Easy Old Bay Crab Dip Guaranteed To Amaze Your Guests - September 3, 2019