Recently Terri and I were contacted by Bess Burnett, owner of the brand new Massage Envy in Urbana, Maryland.
Bess asked us if we would like complimentary massages and facials in exchange for an honest review of Massage Envy.
Our response? “Well, let us think about it……Um! Yes please!”
After our visit with Massage Envy Urbana, we were quickly reminded that getting a massage, thankfully, isn’t a luxury anymore; it’s truly a way of maintaining total body wellness.
Massage Envy Urbana
Getting to know Bess and the staff at Massage Envy Urbana was so refreshing!
They are all so friendly, down to earth and knowledgeable.
We also loved the fact that at Massage Envy, you can cater your massage or facial to your individual needs, such as adding enhanced therapies like muscle therapy, aromatherapy, exfoliating hand or foot treatments, & anti-aging eye treatment.
They even have a couples massage room in case you’d like to bring your significant other, a friend, your Mom, or in our case, your sister, to enjoy the benefits with you!
Our facials were so enjoyable and invigorating that Terri and I both asked our Esthetician to write down exactly what she did:
- Apply steam on the face & neck area
- Cleanse eyes & lips
- Cleanse the face & neck twice
- Tone the face & neck
- Analyze the skin under the mag lamp
- Customized mask & face massage
- Neck & decollete massage
- Apply protective products
- Apply moisturizer with SPF
- Make individualized product recommendations
Our faces felt rejuvenated!
I wanted to ask Bess some questions that I thought YOU, our readers, would be interested in getting the answers to, so here they are:
1. When did Massage Envy in Urbana open its doors?
- February 10, 2018
2. What services do you offer at Massage Envy?
- Customized Massages
- Healthy Skin Facials
- Chemical Exfoliations
- Facial Waxing
- Total Body Stretch.
3. What are the certifications & trainings that are required of the massage therapists at Massage Envy?
- All Massage Therapists & Estheticians are licensed by the Maryland State Board
- Attend an approved/accredited Massage Therapy or Esthetic School
- Complete the 500 to 600 hours of education
- After graduation, intensive testing to receive their license
- Once hired with Massage Envy, extensive training to follow all protocols, policies & procedures
4. Do you offer package deals for someone who would like to use your services on a regular basis?
- We offer an affordable wellness plan:
- For $70 a month, you receive a 60-minute session for either a Massage, Facial or Stretch
- If you would like an additional 60-minute session in that month, you get a better rate of $50 for that session
5. Are there certain times of year that you offer specials or events?
- Massage Envy offers nationwide promotions, primarily on a monthly basis
- Fall Skincare Event 9/3/18 – 9/23/18:
- Receive Free Gift Box of Deluxe Samples, valued at $80 & a Skincare Enhancement voucher with a purchase of $100 or more in retail
6. Do you participate with Groupon?
- No, however, anyone’s first visit with us receives an introductory rate of $60 for a 60-minute session
7. What would you recommend to a first-time client before they come in for their first massage? And after they have gotten their massage?
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to unwind and complete the Ipad to customize your session
- After your massage drink lots of water and have a relaxing rest of your day!
8. Tell us some of the benefits of getting massage therapy.
- Reduces stress
- Improves circulation
- Promotes muscle relaxation
- Eases muscle pain
- Helps improve posture
- Helps improve the body’s immune system
- Relieves headaches
- Improves sleep
9. Are customers expected to tip? If so, what is the recommended percentage?
- It is never expected, but appreciated
- We offer a recommendation guide, but it would totally be up to you
10. Describe how Massage Envy differs from other places that offer massages.
- Massage Envy is a very well known brand; there are over 1,200 nationwide
- Massage Envy focuses on Total Body Care
- We’ve created our own Massage Lotion, with no harmful preservatives & healthier for the skin
- We also offer a variety of upgrades to your sessions:
- Firming eye treatment added to your facial
- Or one of our exclusive highly-concentrated antioxidant serums, CyMe Boost (pronounced ‘See Me’) , added to your massage.
- At Massage Envy, our promise is that we help YOU take care of YOU
11. What type of skincare services do you offer?
- Customizable facials, featuring products from Murad and Chemical Exfoliation advance skincare treatment featuring PCA skin.
I’ve already used the Moisturizing Foot Mask.
It’s fun to put the little slippers over your feet and relax for 30 minutes while the CyMe does it’s work.
Slip the masks off and your feet are so smooth!
Check out our video for a quick tour of Massage Envy Urbana:
Make sure to enter our giveaway where we will randomly choose a winner to receive one full hour of your choosing: Massage, Facial, or Stretch!
All you have to do is comment on this post telling us why you need to win this prize!
We will enter your name a 2nd time if you follow Massage Envy Urbana on Facebook.
And if you want your name entered 3 times, follow Massage Envy Urbana on Instagram too!
The winner will be chosen on Tuesday, September 11, 2018.
Best of luck to everyone!
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- Dump Cake with Cherries: As Easy As It Sounds - January 14, 2020
- The History of Valentine’s Day: Origins, Traditions, & Celebrations - January 5, 2020
- 17 Best Christmas Dessert Recipes To Sweeten Up Your Holidays - December 20, 2019