If you live in Frederick or the surrounding area, you’ve most likely already visited Summers Farm know that they’re THE place to go this fall!
Well we’re going to give you the most important reasons you should visit!
1. Enjoy the Great Outdoors at Summers Farm
What better time to enjoy the great outdoors than during the Fall in Frederick County, Maryland!
The air is cooler and less humid and the leaves on the trees are starting to turn colors.
2. Getting Some Fun Exercise at Summers Farm
Here are just a few examples of how you can get some fun exercise:
- Walk around the 18 acre pumpkin patch.
- Find your way through the themed corn maze.
- Navigate the obstacle course.
- Go up and down the tube slides.
- Jump to your heart’s content on the jumping pillows.
3. Mental Stimulation
Each year, Summers Farm creates a corn maze like no other.
In 2015, it was designed in the image of Taylor Swift and received national attention.
This year’s maze reveal day will be on September 9th, so stay tuned!
Getting through their corn mazes takes some mental skill and at times, help from others!
Luckily they offer 2 distinct paths: a simple path and a more challenging path!
4. Healthy Competition
There’s no shortage of games to get your competitive juices flowing:
- Rubber Ducky Races
- Farmer Golf
- Swing the Ring
- Hip Hop Balls
- Tether Ball
- Pumpkin Checkers
- Tug O War
- Farmer Fastball
- Apple Blaster Cannons
- And much more!
5. Time Spent with Family and Friends at Summers Farm
Here are just a few reasons why this is the perfect place to spend quality time with family and friends:
- 45 family activities for all ages
- Tractor-drawn wagon rides to the pumpkin patch
- Weekend entertainment
- Great food
- 40 campfire sites
6. Pumpkins at Summers Farm!
And last but not least, the pumpkins!
Not only is it super fun to go out and pick your own pumpkins, but then there’s the fun of carving them for Halloween.
And don’t forget to save the pumpkin seeds and roast them!
Click on our Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe to see how easy it is to make them!
For more details on Summers Farm, go to their website.
- How to Stay Positive, Informed & Not Go Crazy During the Coronavirus - March 23, 2020
- Free Things To Do in Frederick Md This Weekend - March 12, 2020
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Parmesan Cheese & Balsamic Vinegar - March 3, 2020