Any gift involving a lollipop is a great gift in my book!
But what about a gift involving lots of lollipops?
Well, that’s just happiness overload!
Whenever I’m making a gift for somebody, I like to make it as simple, cute, and practical as possible.
And this simple lollipop bouquet totally fits that criteria!
Simple Lollipop Bouquet Tutorial
There are only 4 materials needed:
- A craft foam ball – These 4 inch in diameter craft foam balls from Amazon are a great size for the standard small planter. However, base the size on your preference. If you want to make mini lollipop bouquets, use smaller foam balls.
- A planter, bowl, or cup – These colorful plastic flower pots are the perfect size. They come in pretty bright colors and can be used as a real planter once your lollipop bouquet is eaten up.
- Large bag of lollipops – You can use Dum Dums, Tootsie Pops, Blow Pops, or any type of candy on a stick.
- A ribbon to tie around the base – This ribbon (Amazon) with colorful lollipops on it would be perfect!
I decided to make this cute little gift for my Mom.
My Mom recently moved into an assisted living facility.
It’s very nice! Almost like her own little apartment.
She has her meals made for her, her medications managed, and any extra assistance she may need.
BUT, her living space that she now calls home is very small.
We have framed collages, a pretty bedspread, and little knick-knacks in her room to make it feel more home-like.
But other than that, there’s really not much room for anything else.
A Meaningful But Practical & Consumable Gift Idea
So when I was trying to think of a meaningful Mother’s Day gift for her, it was tough to come up with something.
Then I reverted back to what I already knew:
Any gift that can be consumed is the best, most practical kind of gift for my Mom.
She LOVES hard candy.
And the plastic bowl can be used to hold small things on her nightstand when she’s done with the lollipops.
How To Make A Lollipop Bouquet
All I did was place the foam ball on top of the bowl.
Then I just started inserting the lollipops into the foam ball in rows, starting at the bottom.
Because I used the small lollipops, it took quite a bit to cover the foam ball.
Hence why I bought the jumbo bag.
Plus, I had to sample them to make sure they tasted okay!
It turned out really cute!
My Mom can offer them to any visitors who come by to see her.
Or even her caregivers.
Always helps to be the ‘favorite’ one!
This simple lollipop bouquet and a few celebrity gossip magazines will be the perfect Mother’s Day gift for my Mom!
This cute idea can be used for so many different occasions:
- Birthday party favors
- Teacher gifts
- Hostess gifts
- Mother’s Day
- Birthday gifts for kids
- A gift for your favorite gardener with a sweet tooth
You can make it as simple or as intricate as you like.
As long as you have some sort of container, a foam ball, and something that comes on a stick, the possibilities are endless.
Then tie it up with a bow!
What clever, practical gift ideas have you made for someone in your life?
I’d love to know!
In the meantime, click on over to our other fun & easy DIY projects:
- Best Fishing Spots in Frederick Md - July 18, 2020
- Cauliflower Fritters with Almond Flour: Low Carb & Delicious! - July 14, 2020
- Cents of Style: Affordable, Quality Fashion That Makes You Feel Good! - July 12, 2020