A healthy chickpea salad that will make you happy?
Well, yes! I made this recipe yesterday and it made me very happy!
I’ve always loved chickpeas for their taste, but now I know why I love them for their health benefits too.
Check out this Medical News Today article, “What Are the Benefits of Chickpeas?”
As has been noted, eating chickpeas can help with Diabetes, bone health, blood pressure, heart health, cancer, cholesterol, inflammation, digestion & regularity, weight management & satiety, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome!
Healthy Chickpea Salad That Will Make You Happy
Here are 4 reasons this chickpea salad will make you happy.
1. Easy to Make
One, because it is super easy to make – Only 3 steps.
Basically, you get together all of your ingredients and do a little chopping and whisking.
Then, you mix it all together and it’s good to go.
2. Satisfying & Filling
Two, because it’s so satisfying and filling!
For one thing, chickpeas are a great source of protein and fiber.
And along with the feta cheese, this recipe packs 5 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein per serving.
3. No Guilt
Three, it’s only 7 WW Points per serving!
So, you’ll have zero guilt while eating it over and over again.
For instance, this recipe would be a great side dish to make on Meatless Mondays!
And, four, it’s absolutely delicious!
Due to the dressing being homemade using fresh squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and ground cumin, the freshness makes it so much better than bottled dressing.
Therefore, it’s the perfect accompaniment to the feta cheese, spring onions, and italian parsley.
Healthy Chickpea Salad - 7 WW Points
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Stir in chickpeas, spring onions, and parsley.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add feta cheese and enjoy!
How do you like to eat your chickpeas?
In hummus? Roasted?
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- Easy Old Bay Crab Dip Guaranteed To Amaze Your Guests - September 3, 2019
- Popular Nail Salons in Frederick Md - August 28, 2019
- Weight Watchers Lunch Ideas: Pesto, Toasted Pine Nut, Mozzarella Panini - August 21, 2019