This simple vegetarian lasagna recipe with spinach & artichokes will have you rethinking the traditional meat version of lasagna!
With spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella and feta cheeses, you won’t miss the meat, we promise!
Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
Vegetarian Lasagna is the perfect comfort food and a great dinner idea the whole family will love.
And why not cook it in your favorite personalized casserole dish like this one on Etsy!
Clearly, it’ll just make it taste that much better!
National Lasagna Day
Did you know that there is a National Lasagna Day?
It’s on July 29th, but that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate eating lasagna any time of year!
So, let’s celebrate with our delicious spinach artichoke vegetarian lasagna recipe.
A non-traditional And delicious vegetarian lasagna Recipe
I love the conventional lasagna recipe just as much as the next guy.
However, I wanted to create a recipe that was a little bit different this time since I have a brand new baking dish to make it in.
This version is meatless but doesn’t in any way take away from the satiety that the meat-filled version provides.
Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe with Spinach and Artichoke Hearts
- 9 ounces No-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 14 ounces Artichoke hearts, chopped
- 10 ounces Frozen, chopped Spinach, thawed, drained, & squeezed dry
- 28 ounces Meatless pasta sauce
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 dash Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease lasagna dish with olive oil.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium high.
- Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes until onion is tender crisp.
- Stir broth and rosemary and bring to a boil.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread 1/4 of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Then top with 5 no-boil lasagna noodles.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over noodles.
- Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
- Bake, covered for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Oh my goodness, it turned out amazing!
This recipe serves 6 people.
How my family liked it
I was a little apprehensive to serve it to my hubby for the first time.
He is more of a ‘meat-and-potatoes’ kind of guy.
Plus, this spinach artichoke lasagna doesn’t look exactly like the kind mom used to make back in the day.
Nevertheless, my husband really loved it!
Not only was It was seriously delicious, but also, we didn’t miss the meat one bit.
Therefore, I highly recommend this vegetarian lasagna recipe as a change from the every day lasagna.
In addition, it was that much more special being served out of my new, personalized lasagna dish.
Do you have a tried and true, favorite lasagna recipe in your recipe box?
In the meantime, here are links to more delicious dinner recipes: