This Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili will keep your belly AND your bathroom scale very happy!
I’m always down for eating something warm and hearty!
In addition, the fact that it’s healthy too makes this delicious recipe all the more alluring!
Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili
However, I’m just not a big fan of the traditional chili with red beans, tomato sauce and ground beef.
It’s just not totally my thing.
Therefore, I opted to make white chicken chili instead.
So I dug through my recipe box to see if I already had any white chicken chili recipes on hand.
Lo and behold, I found one that I had ripped out of a November 2008 issue of Prevention Magazine.
Items You’ll need To Make Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili
To make this Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili, you’ll need:
- Large Stockpot – This T-fal 12 quart stockpot gets great reviews on Amazon and is very reasonably priced.
- Large Heavy Duty Stirring Spoon – These stainless steel spoons from Amazon are made by OXO Grips and are up for the job of mixing a good hearty soup like this White Chicken Chili.
- Good set of Kitchen Knives – You’ll need a good knife for cutting up the chicken and onions. This set from Amazon is rated very highly and is a great price. It has a chef knife, carving knife, bread knife, utility knife, and a paring knife.
- Nice set of bowls – I personally love these bowls from Amazon. I have a set myself. They’re bright and cheery and hold a large amount of food. They have multiple uses besides soup.
- Soup Spoons – Because if you’re going to make a good soup like this, it’s going to warrant some good soup spoons! This set is from Amazon and has great reviews!
Zero Weight Watchers Points Blue & Purple Plans
The beauty of this recipe is that on the Blue & Purple myWW plans, this White Chicken Chili is a whopping zero points!!
In addition, if you are on the Green plan, a good size bowl or mug will only set you back a total of 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili Recipe
So, without further ado, here is the recipe of Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili.
Weight Watchers White Chicken Chili - Zero Points Blue & Purple Plan
- - 2 onions chopped
- - 2 cloves garlic minced
- - 1 Tbsp olive oil
- - 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- - 4 cans 15.5 oz each cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- - 2 cans 14 oz each fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- - 1 can 4.5 oz chopped green chile peppers
- - 1 tsp each salt and cumin
- - 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- - 1/2 tsp each chili powder and ground black pepper
- - 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- - 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- Saute onions and garlic in oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and cover.
- Let simmer for about 45 minutes.
Although the Prevention Magazine (Amazon) recipe instructed to transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook it on low for 4 to 6 hours and then uncover it and cook it for an additional hour, I didn’t do that.
Because I was short on time, I just covered it and simmered it for about 40 minutes or so.
It was delicious!
Happily, my husband loves it.
Since my son is uber picky, I just place some chunks of chicken on a sectioned plate and serve it to him with a side of broccoli and noodles.
Thankfully, he eats it up!
The aroma smelled up the entire house.
That, along with some hot french bread, is exactly what our home needs on a cold, wet, football Sunday.
Now if the Redskins could get their act together and start winning some football games, our Sundays would be just right and I’d be a happy cook!
For more comfort food recipes check out our posts on:
- Takeout Cocktails and Delivery Cocktails in Frederick Md - May 29, 2020
- Best Farm at Monocacy National Battlefield, National Park Service - May 27, 2020
- Baked Oysters On The Half Shell Recipe: Hoopers Island, Maryland - May 25, 2020