This stuffed mushrooms with sausage recipe is super easy to make and a great appetizer for any gathering.
Using fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles really saves time but doesn’t sacrifice the taste of these wonderful vessels of deliciousness!
Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage
I’m always looking for good looking, healthy recipes to try out.
I get bored with the same old, hum drum recipes.
I found this recipe in All You Magazine and ripped it out to put with my grocery shopping list.
Then, for the next football game on TV, I knew it was the perfect time to use this recipe!
Nowadays, finding good sources of protein for my family is so important.
My husband, son, and I are working on limiting our carbs and sugars and increasing our protein.
This recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms with sausage totally fits the bill.
At 8 grams of protein per serving, this is a healthy, fill-you-up kind of appetizer.
I altered All You’s recipe a little bit to make prep time quicker and easier.
Instead of using ground turkey, I used the Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles.
My hubby loves anything that involves sausage, so I knew he’d love this recipe.
I also chose to buy the already crumbled goat cheese instead of buying it whole and crumbling it myself.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage Recipe
Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage
- - 24 medium white mushrooms stems removed and reserved
- - 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- - 1 onion finely chopped
- - 1 bag Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- - Salt and pepper
- - 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- - 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- - 2 oz. firm goat cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange mushrooms, cavity side up, in dish.
- Chop mushroom stems finely.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, chopped mushroom stems and turkey sausage crumbles.
- Sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer turkey sausage mixture to a bowl.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bread crumbs and parsley.
- Fold in goat cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle mushroom caps with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling mixture into mushrooms, piling in center.
- Bake until lightly browned on top, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
The below picture is the turkey sausage mixture before transferring it into a bowl to cool.
Ready to stuff the mushrooms!
Don’t they look absolutely divine?
The perfect amount of each ingredient.
I truly believe using the Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles instead of ground turkey made these stuffed mushrooms more tasty.
These stuffed mushrooms would be perfect for your next football game gathering, wine tasting party, or potluck event.
For more delicious appetizer recipes, click on over to:
- Takeout Cocktails and Delivery Cocktails in Frederick Md - May 29, 2020
- Best Farm at Monocacy National Battlefield, National Park Service - May 27, 2020
- Baked Oysters On The Half Shell Recipe: Hoopers Island, Maryland - May 25, 2020