Back in the day, as early as I can remember, my entire family would gather around the TV every Sunday, game day, and watch football.
Naturally, it was my favorite time of the week where we all cheered on the same team, hung out together, laughed, got mad at the refs, and had an excuse to eat for 3 hours straight.
As always, game day was always full of fun!
There’s always a big game, whether it’s the NFL playoffs, the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Olympics, NASCAR, the World Cup, the NBA Finals, The Masters, Wimbledon….
And it doesn’t even have to be the biggest game day of the year.
Really, all you need is a game, family, and friends, and you have yourself an excuse to pull out your recipe arsenal and serve up some tasty fare.
Why are game days so important?
Here’s a great article on Why Sports Fans Are Sports Fans, “Sports bonds you to other people”.
So I decided to hit up my blogger friends, who are the best of the best when it comes to recipes, and put together a smorgasbord of game day party recipes.
Game Day Party Recipes
I received such a tremendous response that I divided it into categories.
Because I couldn’t fit all of the pictures into collages for some of the categories, make sure to read each item on each list of recipes.
The pictured recipes are listed first and then the recipes I couldn’t fit in collages are listed after.
I’ve included the links to each recipe so you can just click and print!
- Cowboy Caviar: Housewives of Frederick County
- Cheesy Kale & Artichoke Dip: Ann’s Entitled Life
- Warm Blue Cheese Dip: Thrifty Jinxy
- Mexican Fiesta Black Bean Hummus: Two Healthy Kitchens
- Easy Cheesy Pizza Dip: Cincy Shopper
- Kickin’ Corn Off the Cob Dip: Ann’s Entitled Life
- Creamy Bacon Dip: Savvy Saving Couple
- Bacon, Cheese, & Mushroom Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets: Housewives of Frederick County
- Copycat Fritos Bean Dip: Thrifty Jinxy
- Cheesy Hot Bean Dip: Thrifty Jinxy
- Cheesy Jalapeno Dip: Andrea’s Notebook
- Beefy Taco Dip: Mom vs The Boys
- Easy Chile Relleno Dip: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Baked Artichoke & Arugula Dip: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tomato Jam Dip: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Buffalo Butternut Squash Hummus: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Cincinnati Skyline Chili Dip: My Heavenly Recipes
- Chunky Lime Salsa: My Heavenly Recipes
- The Only Guacamole Recipe You’ll Ever Need: My Heavenly Recipes
- Sausage Dip Packed with Veggies: My Heavenly Recipes
- Eggplant Spinach & White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers: Caroline’s Cooking
- Cowboy Caviar: Spicy Black Bean, Corn, & Fresh Tomato Salsa: The Jenny Evolution
- Loaded BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Fries: Housewives of Frederick County
- Bacon Cheeseburger Eggrolls: Ally’s Sweet & Savory Eats
- Grey Poupon Ham & Cheese Rollups: My Heavenly Recipes
- Beer Battered French Fries: Living Sweet Moments
- Fried Macaroni & Cheese Bites: Thrifty Jinxy
- Slow Cooker Party Meatballs: Cincy Shopper
- Fried Cheese Stuffed Doritos: Thrifty Jinxy
- Kicked Up Snack Mix: Thrifty Jinxy
- Baked Brie Bites with Pecans & Brown Sugar: Housewives of Frederick County
- Mozzarella Stick Caprese Bites: Thrifty Jinxy
- Cuban Sandwich Bites: Thrifty Jinxy
- Stuffed Mushrooms, Jimmy Dean Style: Housewives of Frederick County
- Feta, Pepper, & Spinach Cups: Happy Deal Happy Day
- Mildly-Thai Salmon Cakes: Caroline’s Cooking
- Homemade Olive Crackers: Lavende & Lemonade
- Chili Cornbread Cups: Lavende & Lemonade
- Crock-Pot Crazy Pineapple Chili: Two Healthy Kitchens
- Better For You Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe: Savvy Saving Couple
- Garlic Lime Shrimp Recipe: Savvy Saving Couple
- Tangy, Baked Honey Lime Chicken: Savvy Saving Couple
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Easy Pepperoni Bread: Two Healthy Kitchens
- Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta: Happy Deal Happy Day
- Cheesy Bacon Pull Apart Bread: Living Sweet Moments
- Football Shaped Meatloaf: Thrifty Jinxy
- Honey Chipotle Wings: Cincy Shopper
- Ham & Swiss Sliders: Cincy Shopper
- Easy Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken: The Jenny Evolution
- Pretzel Roll Sliders: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sweet Mango Barbecue Chicken Wings: Mom vs The Boys
- Adobo Pulled Pork Sandwiches: My Heavenly Recipes
- Slow Cooker Beer & Brown Sugar Chicken Sliders: Lilacs & Lace
NACHOS & TACOS
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos: Two Healthy Kitchens
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken for Tacos & Taquitos: Caroline’s Cooking
- Salmon Tacos: Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Sweet Potato Nachos: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Tater Tot Nachos: My Heavenly Recipes
- Taco Bites: Gator Mommy Reviews
- Make Your Own Layered Taco Dip Bar: Farm Fresh Feasts
- Hershey Kiss Pretzels: My Heavenly Recipes
- Snickers Rice Krispy Treat Football: Thrifty Jinxy
- Football Snickers Brownies: Thrifty Jinxy
And last but not least, JELLO SHOTS! Just use jello in the colors of your favorite sports team!
Ours is the Washington Redskins! HTTR!
This list of recipes is really all you need to have yourself an enjoyable, and filling, game day with your friends and family!
Do you have any trusty game day recipes that are a must-have for your gathering?
If so, Please let us know in the comments!
Because you can’t have too many good recipes!
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- Indoor Activities For Kids in Frederick Md During School Breaks - April 16, 2019
- Quick Dinner in the Car Ideas That Don’t Involve Fast Food - April 8, 2019
- Easy Greek Tzatziki Bowl with Meatballs & Couscous - March 29, 2019