This eggs in a cup recipe is so delicious and easy!
Plus, the clean-up doesn’t involve scraping egg off of a frying pan.
Eggs in a Cup Recipe In The Microwave
Finding an easy, healthy, quick breakfast to make in the mornings is such a challenge for me.
I like to be able to just grab something and go.
I’m one of those people who doesn’t really start getting hungry until late morning.
BUT if I haven’t had a balanced breakfast by that time, you better strap everything down because I’m going for it!
That’s where the danger lies.
By that point of hunger, I will grab whatever is easiest.
And, more times than not, it’s something unhealthy.
That’s why I was so glad to find a whole slew of healthy breakfast recipes in Lisa Lillien’s book “Hungry Girl to the Max! The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook”.
Eggs in a Cup Recipe with Avocados
This California Love Mug recipe caught my attention in particular because I LOVE eggs and I LOVE avocados!
Eggs in a Cup Recipe Is easy to make
There are only 6 ingredients to this recipe and every ingredient is healthy.
Weight Watchers Breakfast
Plus it’s only 3 Smart Points and 3 Points Plus points per serving!
Heaven to my ears AND my taste buds!
Eggs in a Cup Printable Recipe
Eggs in a Cup Recipe – 3 Weight Watchers PPV
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fat-free-liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 1 ounce about 2 tablespoons diced avocado
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large microwave-safe mug sprayed with nonstick spray, microwave spinach and mushrooms for 1 1/2 minutes, or until softened.
- Blot away excess moisture.
- Add egg substitute, stir, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix in tomato and cheese wedge, breaking the wedge into pieces.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until set.
- Top with avocado and enjoy!
Light Laughing Cow Cheese Is Great In This Recipe
If you’ve never tried the Light Laughing Cow cheeses, you need to.
They’re really good!
I’ve only had them with crackers.
Never thought of incorporating them into recipes like this one.
High Protein, Good Fats, Healthy Veggies
This eggs in a cup recipe turned out great!
It was really tasty and very satisfying.
After eating it, I wasn’t hungry again until that afternoon.
Next time I’ll probably add some minced onions and maybe some of those already-made bacon crumbles that you can get in the condiment section of the grocery store.
Another great idea would be to cut up a week’s worth of the veggies to keep in the fridge.
Just throw them in as you need them whenever making a breakfast omelet in a mug.
AND if you’re not really into the egg substitutes, you can use whole eggs in this recipe.
But if you’re counting Weight Watchers points, you’ll need to adjust for that.
Do you have any mug recipes you’d like to share?
Let us know in the comments.
For more great breakfast recipes, click on over to:
- White Bean Soup with Sausage & Fresh Spinach in the Slow Cooker - November 24, 2020
- Easy Haystack Cookies with Butterscotch & Peanut Butter - November 18, 2020
- Personal Chef in Frederick Md: Riri with Home Cooking Solutions - November 15, 2020