This Traditional Gazpacho Recipe is brought to us by one of our absolute FAVORITE local bloggers, Tara, at Lace & Grace!
Adding jalapenos and hot sauce really spice up this delicious recipe!
Traditional Gazpacho Recipe
Gazpacho- a chilled soup made from raw vegetables, usually served as an appetizer.
Growing up, my father frequently ordered gazpacho when we dined out.
At home, he would attempt his own version and it always turned out fantastic.
I quickly fell in love with the flavor and freshness of the dish- plus a soup you can eat in the summer time to cool you off?
Sign me up!
I decided to give this classic a try, but threw in some hot sauce and jalapeno to add some kick.
Because summers can get pretty hot here in Maryland, this traditional gazpacho recipe is great to add to your recipe rotation!
This recipe can be made in a matter of minutes and cleanup is a breeze.
Check out the super simple recipe below! Enjoy!
** If you are looking for a tomato-less cold soup- head on over to my blog to get the recipe for the Chilled Cucumber & Dill Soup!
Traditional Gazpacho Recipe with a Kick
- 1 12 oz can of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of tomato juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ jalapeno seeded and minced
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- ½ zucchini sliced
- ½ cucumber sliced
- ¼ red onion chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 to matillo
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 2 scallions chopped
- Handful of chives chopped (for garnish)
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until all ingredients are mixed and fairly smooth (leave some chunk in there)
- Add a bit of water if too thick; add a bit more sour cream if too runny
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving
- Garnish with sour cream, red onion and dill
Thank you to Tara from Lace & Grace Blog for this yummy recipe!
Tara is a born and raised Fredericktonian and loves sharing all about her travels, food experiences and fun events at her lifestyle blog Lace & Grace. She lives with her Husband and two pups, Cha Cha & Hoover. In her spare time, she loves to be outside, explore new places, entertain friends/family and go antiquing.
Latest posts by Terri (see all)
- Easter Bunny Cake Recipe Like Mom Used to Make - April 12, 2019
- Lennar Homes Review: Westview South in Frederick, Md - November 28, 2017
- Le Parc Bistro Restaurant: A Hidden Gem in Frederick, Md - February 7, 2017