Crab festivals in Maryland are aplenty, especially during the summer months.
So, I decided it’s time to put these annual crab festivals together in one big list, sorted by date, so that we Marylanders can plan ahead!
Crab Festivals in Maryland
If you were born and raised here, you certainly know this familiar term in Maryland: ‘Crab Feast’.
It’s a magical, happiness-inducing tradition that families all over our state partake in every summer.
Needless to say, my fondest memories growing up are sitting outside on the deck with my family, picking crab meat from a pile of steamed, Maryland blue crabs for hours, while talking and laughing.
It’s safe to say that it’s truly a rite of passage when growing up in Maryland.
Although times have changed and the population of Maryland crabs from the Chesapeake Bay has taken a hit over the years, enjoying a good summer crab feast is still a must!
So why not treat yourself and take the fam to the best of the best that Maryland has to offer!
What is a Maryland Crab Festival?
If you’ve never been to a Maryland Crab Festival, you’re probably not quite sure what to expect.
Well, you can expect LOTS of food! And not just crabs!
Depending on the festival (some are huge while others are small and intimate), here’s a list of all or some of the great food you can expect to enjoy:
- Steamed Crabs
- Crab Cakes
- Crab Cake Egg Rolls
- Crab Nuggets
- Crabby Pretzels
- Crab Soups – Cream of Crab Soup & Maryland Crab Soup
- Crab Mac & Cheese
- Crab Quesadillas
- Clam Bake
- Old Bay Wings
- Shrimp Salad
- Shrimp Tacos
- Fish Tacos
- Fish & Chips
- Lobster Rolls
- Lobster Bisque
- Clam Chowder
- Potato Salad
- Loaded Potatoes
- Cucumber Salad
- Corn on the Cob
- Baked Beans
- French Fries
- Hot Dogs
- Pit Beef
- BBQ Ribs
- Turkey Breast
- Fried Chicken
- Ice Cream
- Kona Ice
- Kettle Corn
- Smith Island Cake
For some festivals, the ticket price includes AYCE (all you can eat).
Whereas other crab festivals in Maryland charge a la carte and let you decide how much you want to eat.
What Can I Expect At A Crab Festival?
In addition to the amazing food, you’ll also find that some or most of these festivals offer:
- Local Wines
- Cold Beer – Draft Beer & Bottled Beer
- Iced Tea
- Food & Drink Tastings
- Food Trucks
- Food Vendors
- Chef Demonstrations
- Crab Picking Demos
- Great Live Music
- Kids Activities
- Arts & Crafts
- Fireman’s Parade
- 5K Crab Run
- Crab Race
- 50/50 Raffles
- Door Prizes
- Pull Tab Games
- Car Shows
- Petting Zoo
- Opportunities for Sponsors
- Some allow pets
Also, some of these festivals offer VIP tickets as well as discounted tickets for:
- Designated Drivers
- Senior Citizens
While many of these festivals are family friendly and pet friendly, others require that attendees be 18+ or 21+, so be sure to read all of the details before you buy your tickets.
1. Bushels & Brews – 6/4/22, 7/9/22, 8/13/22, 9/10/22
2. Choptank Cruise and Crab Feast – June 9, 2022
Choptank Cruise and Crab Feast
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Organized by Howard County Government
Bain 50+ Center
5470 Ruth Keeton Way
Columbia, MD 21044
3. Chesapeake Seafood Festival – June 11, 2022
Chesapeake Seafood Festival
12pm to 5pm
Waterfront at Harbor Point Central Plaza
1310 Point Street
Baltimore, Md 21231
4. The St. Mary’s County Crab Festival – June 11, 2022
5. Let the Good Times Roll Crab Feast – June 11, 2022
Let the Good Times Roll Crab Feast
6pm to 11pm
Organized by Victory Chapel
851 Hollins St
6. Crab Feast at Hammerjacks – June 11, 2022
Session 1: 12:30 pm
Session 2: 5:00 pm
7. Riptides Annual Crab Feast – June 12, 2022
8. The Crab Place Crab & Cruise – 6/18/22, 6/25/22, 7/2/22, 7/8/22, 7/9/22, 7/22/22, 7/23/22, 7/29/22, 7/30/22, 8/5/22, 8/6/22, 8/13/22, 8/26/22, 8/27/22, 9/3/22, 9/10/22, 9/17/22, 9/24/22
9. Tilghman Island Crab Fest – July 9, 2022
10. Middletown Volunteer Fire Company Crab Feast – July 9, 2022
11. Summer Dinner Series Blue Crab Feast with JB Seafood – July 23, 2022
12. Baltimore Magazine’s Crab Fest – July 23, 2022
Baltimore Magazine’s Crab Fest
12pm to 6pm
Sagamore Spirit Distillery
301 E Cromwell St
Baltimore, MD 21230
13. Annual Crab Feast – August 5, 2022
14. Annapolis Crab Feast – August 5, 2022
15. Maryland Seafood Festival – September 24th & September 25th 2022
Lastly, if you’re looking for a great, local crab house for a good crab feast minus the ‘festival’ part, click on over to Best Steamed Crabs in Frederick, Md.