This super easy Greek Bowl with Tzatziki, Meatballs & Couscous will totally satisfy your craving for a good gyro!
Although this recipe is not a traditional Greek dish, adding tzatziki and fresh veggies to meatballs and couscous will totally make you want to take your next trip to the Mediterranean!
In addition, after making this recipe, you’ll want to make tzatziki sauce a lot more often!
Easy Greek BowL
For some reason, when making tzatziki, I thought you had to do something weird with straining the yogurt with cheese cloth?
Who knows. But it’s not true.
Fun Fact: I’ve always loved Greek food!
Maybe it’s that 1% Greek I recently discovered I have in my DNA.
Whatever the reason, Greek food is just so delicious!
Here’s an article on 25 Iconic Greek Foods You Have to Try At Least Once.
Obviously, tzatziki is on the list!
How is TZatziki Pronounced?
How do you pronounce tzatziki?
So, I struggle with it every single time, but you’re supposed to say it like tsah-see-key.
After making this Greek Bowl recipe, you’ll become a pro at saying tzatziki because everybody is going to ask for this recipe!
What are traditional greek food ingredients
Traditional Greek food ingredients include:
- Olive oil
Although this Greek Bowl isn’t on the list of authentic Greek dishes, it includes all of the ingredients that a Greek dish would have.
Make the Tzatziki Sauce
First, you’ll want to make the tzatziki sauce.
Blend all the ingredients well and then cover it and put it in the refrigerator to chill while you’re preparing the rest of the recipe.
Cut up Your Veggie Ingredients
Second, cut up the tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and parsley.
And by the way, be careful with the quantity of red onions.
I tend to throw in more than what the recipe calls for, but in this case, stick to the 1/2 cup.
Needless to say, while eating my Greek Bowl, I had to pick out a lot of the red onions because they were overpowering the other ingredients.
Clearly, I love a hint of red onion, but no more than that.
On the other hand, be generous with the parsley.
It really adds a nice flavor to the dish!
Prepare the Meatballs
Third, prepare the meatballs.
Full disclosure: I just buy my favorite frozen meatballs and throw them in the oven.
Obviously, you can make homemade meatballs, as I’m sure that would be tastier.
However, when you’re short on time and just want something easy but still delicious, frozen meatballs are your friend!
Cook the Couscous
Fourth, while the meatballs are cooking in the oven, prepare the couscous.
I absolutely love me some couscous!
Assemble Your Greek Tzatziki REcipe in A Bowl
Finally, assemble your Greek Bowl!
This is where you throw on some crumbled feta cheese.
Mmmm! So good!
Easy Greek Bowl with Tzatziki, Meatballs & Couscous Recipe:
Easy Greek Bowl with Tzatziki, Meatballs & Couscous
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated cucumber
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 20 frozen meatballs I use homestyle
- 1 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 servings cooked couscous
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Combine yogurt with grated cucumber, minced garlic, olive oil, fresh dill, salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice.
- Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a separate bowl, combine diced cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Then, place frozen meatballs in oven and cook according to directions on the package.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare couscous according to box directions.
- Once meatballs and couscous are ready, assemble your bowl.
- First add couscous, then add veggie mixture, then top with 5 meatballs. Top with tzatziki sauce and feta cheese. Then garnish with parsley.
This Greek Bowl recipe was so good, I know I’ll be making it a lot!
What are your favorite Greek dishes?
Let us know in the comments!
In the meantime, here are some other bowl recipes you’ll enjoy:
- Outdoor Activities in Frederick Md: Enjoy What Our Town Has To Offer! - July 22, 2020
- Best Fishing Spots in Frederick Md - July 18, 2020
- Cauliflower Fritters with Almond Flour: Low Carb & Delicious! - July 14, 2020