Whether you celebrate Lent (the season of penance and prayer before Easter) or not, tis the season for Fish Frys!
What is a fish fry, you ask?
As defined on Wikipedia, they “are very common in the Midwestern and northeastern regions of the United States. This is especially true for predominantly Roman Catholic communities on Fridays during Lent, when regulations call for abstinence from most meat products.”
There’s a great article in the Frederick News Post, titled, “You Don’t Have to Be Catholic To Enjoy Lenten Fish Frys”.
In the article, the author reviews a fish fry that she really enjoyed!
This year, Lent 2021 began on Ash Wednesday, February 17, 2021 and will end on Saturday, April 3, 2021.
We put together a list of local churches, as well as restaurants, who offer fish fry dinners on Fridays during the Lenten season.
You don’t have to be a member of a church to attend one of these Fish Fry’s, and you don’t have to be a Christian either.
In our alphabetical list (first churches, then restaurants), we’ve included the name, address, phone number, & website link for each fish fry location.
Be sure to call each location before driving to your fish fry of choice so that you can confirm that they are still offering a fish fry for that evening.
For instance, some churches don’t offer fish fry dinners every Friday during Lent.
Local Fish Frys in Frederick md
1. Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ – NOT PARTICIPATING IN 2021
Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ – NOT PARTICIPATING IN 2021
15 W Church St
Frederick, MD 21701
2. Holy Family Catholic Community
3. Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church
4. Saint Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Church
5. St. John The Evangelist Roman Catholic Church
6. St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor Catholic Church
7. St. Peter the Apostle Roman Catholic Church
1. Anchor Bar
3. CarterQue BBQ & Grilling Co.
4. Jefferson Ruritan Center
5. Liberty Road Seafood & Steak
6. Magoo’s Pub & Eatery
7. Oriole’s Nest 331
8. P.I.G.S. BBQ
9. The Derby Restaurant & Bar
If you’d like some good home-cooked food, consider bringing your family for a special meal out!
If you know of any Fish Fry’s in Frederick County that I’ve missed, please let me know in the comments below!
Lastly, for fish recipes you can make at home, click on over to:
- Easter Bunny Cake Recipe Like Mom Used to Make - April 12, 2019
- Lennar Homes Review: Westview South in Frederick, Md - November 28, 2017
- Le Parc Bistro Restaurant: A Hidden Gem in Frederick, Md - February 7, 2017