This Peppermint Schnapps drink is called The Candy Cane.
And we’re not talking about kids’ treats, boys and girls!
This is a festive, yummy potent potable (thank you for that term Alex Trebek!) that is perfect for serving at any holiday party!
Peppermint Schnapps Drink For the Holidays!
Thank you goes to Fancy Napkin for this holiday drink idea!
Notice the shot glass I used is actually a Christmas ornament that I got as a gift one Christmas!
This little concoction is SO simple to make, it’s almost dangerous!
Pro Tips For Making This Drink
Make sure that your liqueurs are cold – makes it SO much better!
Even though it will be cold, this drink will warm you up on a cold December night!
Please be careful though because, as delicious as it is, these babies would catch up to you in a hurry.
So, please drink responsibly and have a designated driver, or drink at home 🙂
To serve these at a party, coat the rims of the glasses ahead of time and then pour the shaken liqueurs into each glass immediately before serving.
Your guests will be quite impressed!
The Candy Cane Peppermint Schnapps Drink Recipe
The Candy Cane Peppermint Schnapps Drink
- Candy Canes
- Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Crush candy canes into tiny pieces (I did this by sealing a candy cane in a ziploc bag and then crushing it with a mallet).
- Pour the crushed candy cane onto a plate.
- Wet the rim of a shot glass with water.
- Roll the rim of the shot glass into the crushed candy cane (at first I had a hard time getting the candy cane pieces to stick to the rim, but once it became sticky there was no problem).
- Pour equal parts of Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur and Peppermint Schnapps into a shaker.
- Shake until frothy.
- Pour into the shot glass.
- Drink up!
What’s your fave cocktail during the holiday season?
For more drink recipes, click on over to: