A few weeks ago, my husband and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary! Right before we left to go out to dinner on that cold, January Tuesday (why did we pick January to get married?), I decided to pose this question on Housewives of Frederick County’s Facebook page – “Good anniversary-worthy restaurants in Frederick – go!”
Yes, when you’ve been married for 19 years, you wait until the last minute to make your decision on where to go to dinner! Well, about 50 comments later, I ended up compiling a list of personal recommendations for delicious, romantic restaurants in Frederick!
So, because I love you SO much – I have decided to share this list with YOU! I will list them in alphabetical order, and if you click on the highlighted name of each restaurant you will be redirected to their website with all the information you need to make that Valentine’s Day reservation 🙂
And before making your final decision on which restaurant or restaurants you’d like to go, go to Groupon for any current deals. Click Here => Groupon
- Ayse Meze – if you like Mediterranean food, an upscale yet casual atmosphere, and amazing service then you MUST try this restaurant! Honestly, if I could eat here every single day I would. As they state on their website, they offer ” the best of Greek, Turkish and Lebanese Cuisine in small dishes”. It’s kind of the Mediterranean version of tapas – you get to try lots of different, delicious foods! It’s a great place for a romantic evening out as they’re located in the Shab Row/Everedy Square area of downtown Frederick – so quaint and classy!
- Cacique – this is the place you want to go for great Mexican and Spanish cuisine right in the heart of downtown Frederick! My husband and I have gone here for several special occasions and just love it! As soon as you walk in, this restaurant feels special – from the white tablecloths, to the fireplace, to the exquisite food and wine! In my opinion – the PERFECT place to go with that special someone.
- Dutch’s Daughter – this restaurant was the most recommended restaurant in my list of comments from that question I posted on our Facebook page! Chances are, if you ask a resident in Frederick, Maryland where is a great restaurant to go for special occasions – most will say Dutch’s Daughter. You totally get what you pay for at this restaurant! Every single thing I’ve ever eaten here is fabulous (and I don’t even say this word in real life – that’s how good it is!)! There are two levels – the upstairs is upscale and a bit formal, and the downstairs (called Dutch’s Dungeon) has a fancy, pub feel to it – very cozy! And, something that HAS to be said – their crabcakes are the best you will find anywhere!
- Il Porto – if authentic Italian food is what you’re in the mood for, then you really should try Il Porto! They have two restaurants – one in Gaithersburg, MD and one in Frederick, MD right in the downtown area. My husband, kids and I dined here a few years back for our anniversary and loved it! As one of Housewives of Frederick County’s Facebook readers, Elizabeth M. puts it, “Il Porto for Italian, their service is always wonderful”.
- Isabellas Taverna and Tapas Bar – I absolutely love this restaurant! This is another one that is right in the heart of downtown Frederick. It has a great atmosphere, beautiful décor, freaking amazing food (yes, I said freaking – that means awesome), and fine service. They serve meals as well as their popular tapas (small plates of appetizers, Spanish-style).
- Monocacy Crossing – ANOTHER outstanding dining establishment that my husband and I have visited for a prior anniversary! This place is fine dining at it’s best. Jen H-R, one of Housewives of Frederick County’s loyal readers, loves this restaurant and says, “Monocacy Crossing, amazing food & great service! Very quaint & romantic!” I’d say that qualifies as an excellent place to take your Valentine!
- Nido’s Little Italy Ristorante – this place oozes everything Italy! Amazing, authentic Italian food and a really quaint atmosphere! Jen P. from our Facebook page puts it perfectly, “Nido’s in Frederick. Simply romantic and the food is beautiful on the pallet!” Mmm – it really has been too long since I’ve been there – Valentine’s Day is such a great excuse to go!
- The Tasting Room – I have not had the pleasure of eating at The Tasting Room, but I have heard only great things! This is another establishment that is right in the downtown Frederick area. According to their website, they offer fine dining and new American cuisine. One of our devoted readers, Sue D., says, “I love their Panko Shrimp as an appetizer, and their fillet is the best in town!”
- The Wine Kitchen – ok, I don’t know about you, but in my book the words ‘wine’ and ‘romance’ just go together. The Wine Kitchen, here in Frederick, is located right on Carroll Creek Linear Park. I can’t put it better than they can on their website, “The Wine Kitchen on the Creek is a modern, seasonal style chophouse that features local, high quality cuts of meat and a farm fresh menu that includes many seafood and vegetarian options along with a dynamic wine and spirits list.” I haven’t been to The Wine Kitchen, but it is DEFINITELY on my must-go list!
- Vintage – Vintage is one of the newest dining establishments in Frederick County. It’s located in the very quaint New Market, MD and is already making a name for itself! I have not had the pleasure of eating there (I hope to soon!), but one of our readers, Deborah N., commented on our Facebook page, “Highly recommend Vintage!” Vintage’s website states “We serve elevated American comfort food in a beautifully renovated restaurant in historic New Market.” Sounds like a great choice for a romantic night out to me!
Don’t forget to make your reservations now and grab your Groupon if you have plans on dining at any of the restaurants on this list of 10 of the most romantic restaurants to eat in Frederick, MD! Enjoy!