If you’re looking for a ridiculously easy pumpkin dessert to make this fall, this Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe is your answer!
Not only is it so simple to make, but it’s amazingly delicious!
This Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe Is Amazing!
Being that it’s fall and pumpkins are all over the place, I had a hankerin’ for something really sinful and pumpkinie!
I went to AllRecipes.com, one of my favorite online resources for recipes.
This site has a ton of recipes with ratings, user reviews, and, my favorite: an option to search by ingredients.
I entered ‘pumpkin’ into the search box and came up with a slew of recipes!
But the one recipe that really caught my eye was this recipe they called Great Pumpkin Dessert.
Just like Lazy Man’s Cake But with Pumpkin
I’ve decided to rename it Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe because that’s really what it is.
In the past, I’ve made a dump cake, or as my Mom used to call it, Lazy Man’s Cake, using cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple and yellow cake mix.
This is pretty much the same thing except that the filling is a pumpkin pie filling.
The recipe I found on AllRecipes.com not only drew me in with the picture, but also it has 4 1/2 stars with 512 reviews!
Plus, a major bonus is that it’s SO easy to make.
As you can see, there aren’t that many ingredients, which is always a bonus in my virtual cookbook!
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe: Your Ultimate Fall Dessert
- - 1, 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- - 1, 12 fluid oz can evaporated milk
- - 3 eggs
- - 1 cup white sugar
- - 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- - 1, 16.5 oz package yellow cake mix
- - 3/4 cup butter, melted
- - 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spice. Mix well, and pour into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top, then drizzle with melted butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
The above picture is how it looks when you first take it out of the oven! Yum!!!
Please note that on the AllRecipes.com recipe, she states to use an 18.25 ounce package of yellow cake mix.
I couldn’t find that anywhere.
The closest I could get was 16.5 ounces.
How it turned out
It turned out really good!
I’m always a fan of yellow cake mix with drizzled butter and chopped nuts on top.
Heck, it could be brussels sprouts under that topping and I’d eat it up!
The nuts on the topping were toasted and crispy.
Just the way I like it!
The dry cake mix combined with the melted butter creates a delicious crust when baked.
The pumpkin pie portion of the dessert totally satisfied my hankerin’ for something pumpkinie!
Dollop on some whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream and you’ve got yourself heaven on a plate!
For more delicious cake recipes, click on over to:
Patty’s Lime Poke Cake with Jello
St. Patrick’s Day Green Velvet Cupcakes
Pineapple Coconut Cake Bars with Crumb Topping
- Things to Do in Frederick Md This Weekend | June 1 – June 4, 2023 - March 23, 2023
- Cajun Shrimp Gumbo Recipe with Andouille Sausage - March 8, 2023
- Egg Roll Casserole Recipe - February 24, 2023
8 thoughts on “Easy Pumpkin Dessert: Delicious Dump Cake”
I HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE!!! LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD FEED A CROWD TOO!
Yes, it’s definitely enough to feed a group of people.